"All that I'm after is a Life full of Laughter...

As long as I'm laughing with you..."

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No better way...

... to celebrate Memorial Day than watching an American pastime! So DBH and I headed to the Met (or Regions Park or Hoover HS adjunct or whatever it's called now) to watch some SEC tournament action.

Thursday we watched the Tide take Ole Miss:



And Sunday we went back for the SEC championship! Definitely didn't expect our #7 seed boys to get that far... but also didn't expect them to meet #8 seed LSU (and after seeing them, I can't believe they came in #8 to start with). We brought our game clothes to church and made a show-choir-backstage-speed change before heading back to the Met... which was PACKED already! We started out sitting in the 3rd row from the back bleachers waaaaaaay out in left field and stayed there until the first storm blew up, forcing an hour long lightning delay. "That sucks!" you may say... HOWEVER... while standing around waiting for the storm to pass, an impatient and departing Bama fan offered us his front row tickets. As it turned out, not only were they front row- they were right behind home plate! Neither DBH nor I had ever sat anywhere close to home plate before, so we were pretty excited:


6 hours and 2 rain delays after the first pitch, our boys lost 4-3 in the 11th. But LSU won it's 3rd consecutive SEC title and I believe became the first 8 seed to win the whole shebang. So, for Jenn (who STILL hasn't started her inevitable blog, btw), Geaux Tigers! We alternated keeping the scorebook (yes, I can keep the book on my own, thank you very much) and taking pictures. I don't have much experience shooting baseball- I actually thought it was trickier than shooting football- but we managed to get some pretty nice shots from our awesome seats (besides having to shoot through the net):













Great game, guys! On to the ATL regional! Roll Tide!

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me pissed off that my husband is an Auburn fan. What I would give to dress in the same SEC clothes and attend the same event and BOTH be happy at the outcome. ARG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! You're welcome to come with us anytime- we hang out with a few couples that are split and we "share" all the time :)

    ReplyDelete