"All that I'm after is a Life full of Laughter...

As long as I'm laughing with you..."

Sunday, July 18, 2010

101 Almost-check-offs



#7 part b- So Nat still has the infection in his foot... the farrier has high hopes that he'll still get over it and be fine, it's just going to take awhile. A few weeks ago I saddled him up again and this time walked him around a little. Smooth. As. Glass. They say that Tennessee Walkers are the Cadillac of the horse world and, if his walk was that nice with a sore foot, I can't wait til his foot is healed completely and I can take him up a few notches! Will filmed it all but I can't get blogger to upload it.
Here are a few stills though:

Anyway, the next ride won't be for awhile- last weekend the farrier cut Nat's hoof back pretty short in order to allow air to get to the base of the infection. It doesn't look pretty and it's pretty tender, but hopefully it'll pay off in the long run.

#28- Vestavia Class of 2000 reunion- Looks like this one won't be happening. As mentioned briefly in a previous post, my HS reunion is scheduled for the night of August 7 at the Art Museum downtown... #42- the AANA annual meeting is scheduled for August 7-11 in SEATTLE! As much as I was looking forward to spending a night with my HS crowd, this decision was sort of a no-brainer. So on August 6th, 5 of my best SRNA buddies and I fly out to Washington (and yes, they know what they're getting into... AND I'm not the only one who needs pharmaceutical help to get on the plane!) to spend a few days in anesthesia meetings and schlepping around Seattle...
Then... we're postponing our flight home one day so we can take a road trip to FORKS! We're all Twilight fans and just can't pass up the chance to tour the town since we'll be so close (OK, it's a 4 hour car ride... distance is relative...)

#39- New work-out routine- A few months ago, at one of the Tragic City Rollers roller derby matches (SO AWESOME!), I ran across a few of my friends from high school. They were performing at halftime and they talked me into coming to their dance studio- Rock Your Body in Hoover- for Dance Trance- also, SO AWESOME! Jenn came with me and we both left with 1 month memberships! The next 4 weeks had us going 3+ times/week for hour-long sessions of heart-pounding, body-toning, seriously rockin' choreography! I haven't been in a few weeks because of camp and clinical rotation changes, but I'm hoping to get in a few classes before the Seattle trip!

#74- SQUASH! While our tomato plants have yet to produce any fruit yet, our squash plants are off to a good start! Quoth the husband, "You might want to check your plants... I think one just ate a bird..." I don't know about that, but it did produce this baby:

which was later sauteed with an onion and chicken bullion cubs! Mmmmmm!

#43- Book-a-month- a little behind on this one. I got the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes stories for Christmas and have spent the past month+ barely making progress! I'm still reading most every night, but this book is HUGE, with double columns, few pictures, and tiny tiny print! Instead of finishing the whole thing before reading anything else (which would probably be 2014 or so), I've decided to read a few stories, then break to read another book. Yesterday I bought Eat, Pray, Love since the movie is coming out soon, and I already love it!

And finally, #44! We went with some SRNAs and their husbands to Bulldog Bend last weekend and had an absolute blast... other than Will breaking his finger on a rope swing (a spiral fracture which we thought was just a bad jam and which I inadvertently reset). Pepper took some pictures while actually tubing (so smart to bring a water-proof camera!), but I did get a few:


So ready to go again!

On the cusp of checking off a few more, but those will have to wait- it's Pizza Night in the Heath Den!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment