"All that I'm after is a Life full of Laughter...

As long as I'm laughing with you..."

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Perfect Weekend... and #87!

So to round off the best week I've had in clinicals in awhile, I had a weekend that has me completely jazzed about the coming months of warm weather!!

Friday after clinical I searched online for a recipe for sausage balls (A-Day was Saturday and we planned to get started early) and found this one:
1lb pork sausage
2 cups bisquick biscuit mix
1lb sharp cheddar cheese
Mix the sausage and biscuit mix first, then add in cheese (hands work better than utensils, fyi).
Set on cooling rack placed over cookie sheet (aluminum foil will keep the cookie sheet clean) and cook @ 350 for 25 minutes.
I was warned to be careful- sausage balls are easy to overcook, but these turned out perfectly! Will was in Enterprise helping his family do some work at his grandfather's house, so the rest of The Pack and I had a cozy night in just cooking and watching The Matrix on TV (LOVE that movie- have new ideas and make new connections every time I watch it).

Saturday morning I picked up Mom and we headed to T-town! We started tail-gating with the Peppers last year and their A-Day tail-gate was awesome as usual:


A-mazing.


Got to personally thank Roy Upchurch for his TD against AU last fall!


Samford SRNAs with a rare off-day


A packed-out BDS!


Favorite shot from the practice


#87... check! (Although I hope to get a better, closer shot!)

Our original plan was to bring Scooby and Grace to A-Day like we did last year, but since Will wasn't able to go, I opted to leave them at home. So on Sunday we tried to make it up to them by heading out to Oak Mountain to do some hiking (the Beagle, btw camped out at Mom's house... shockingly, he's not much of a hiker.


VERY excited about the park


Pack shot in front of Peavine Falls

The pups had a blast- although I'm pretty sure Grace thought I was nuts for making her channel her inner billy goat and scale the rocks up to the top of the falls (didn't see the help rope until we were on our way back down)- and everyone made it back home in one piece... just a little tired!




Next trip: Mountain biking!

No comments:

Post a Comment