"All that I'm after is a Life full of Laughter...

As long as I'm laughing with you..."

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Real quick before I pass out...

I INTUBATED MY FIRST PATIENT ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT THIS MORNING AND WAS TOLD BY MY MDA THAT I LOOKED LIKE A PRO!!!

Sorry- I'm still a little giddy :)

Today's cases were incredible learning experiences: 3 prone cases for back procedures- 2 Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC) cases (got to see Ketamine and Breviblock in action... definitely adding those to my arsenal) and 1 General Anesthetic. I also jumped into charting a little bit and got more comfortable with drawing up and reconstituting the drugs we use.

Did I mention that I intubated my first patient on my first attempt?

Just checking.

Quick recap-
Yesterday's goals: Answer at least one question correctly- check
Don't drop anything- check
Don't cry- check
Today's goal: see first sentence of this post (not sure how you could miss it)- uh, check!
Tomorrow's goal: successfully utilizing my new anesthesia-care-provider-only IV insertion tool- the Lidocaine Wheal- prior to successfully starting my first IV in over a year... we'll see...

4 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! Proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo. I didn't really understand most of that, as you would expect, but yay, I got the happy part and the 'Stacey rocks' part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you could do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete