"All that I'm after is a Life full of Laughter...

As long as I'm laughing with you..."

Monday, February 15, 2010

Party recap...

So the last week has been quite the whirlwind...

For my birthday, Mom came over and Will brought home Olive Garden take-out for us to eat before I crashed- clinical went really well that day, but by Thursday of every week, I'm lucky to see past 1930... which made our Friday night birthday dinner with Will's family especially fun- I did manage to not pass out in my steak and baked potato at the Village Tavern... but I can't say the same for the ride home. We are finally the proud owners of one of Miss Jean's famous blue jean quilts- and it bears the Opelika "O" from Will's letterman jacket as well as a "13" from his scouting uniform... an even better number after this January :) - and I promptly wrapped up in it and fell asleep during the short jaunt from the Summit back to our house.
On Saturday I met Mom at the Summit to run some errands- picked up my make-up from Belk, used my birthday giftcard to Victoria's Secret to buy their new Velvet perfume, and bought a new top to wear to Jenn's Mardi Gras birthday party that night....
... which was awesome! Jenn and Aeron did a great job decorating their house to fit the theme-

and putting together quite a spread-
(That would be gumbo and Aeron's homemade shrimp etouffee -um, wow- Jenn's birthday cake and a king cake straight from NOLA- needless to say, it was all fantastic!)
After 28 years of sharing a birthday and only celebrating 1 together (apparently an ice-skating party of which there is video evidence... though I have no recollection of it), we finally got to celebrate together :)

And the partying continued on Sunday as Will and I hosted our annual Super Bowl Soiree (excuse to get all of our friends together without the "birthday party" title). We had a great turnout this year- 15-20 total-



- and if Jenn and Aeron can bear to watch the Saints with a group, both Jack and Whit are present, AND friends with Monday morning anesthesia clinicals all show up, I know we're loved :)

Also on Sunday, this happened:


Meet Clementine- a Heinz57 I found wandering our neighborhood that afternoon. Quick rundown- collar, no tag, skinny, friendly, ~6months old, not spayed, loves playing with people and other dogs as well as taking naps in my lap. She's been with us for the past week and of course I already love her! Will insists we can't keep her, so we're currently investigating 2 potential homes for her. If these don't work out, I'll be calling on the 2 people that read this thing to help me out.

Since this entry is nearing marathon length, I'll leave the snow/5K/biking/Valentine's Day hoopla til next time.

Until then, Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Still so upset I wasn't able to come to the party :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto Justin and Marcie. and as long as we're still not the ones you're trying to give sweet Clementine to. ;)

    ReplyDelete