"All that I'm after is a Life full of Laughter...

As long as I'm laughing with you..."

Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Dance Off!

Coming to you this fabulous Friday afternoon from our sunny backyard patio! Nothing like an on-location blog entry to kick off what looks to be a wonderful weekend :)


"Bet you wish you had this ball.... it's really fun... but you can't have it.... unless you want it..."


"Hey. I'm guarding the yard. I'm busy."

Clinicals went swimmingly this week- I worked with great people, learned some new tricks, and today basically ran a few cases on my own ! My CRNA today told me she was going to sit back and observe- of course answer questions if I had any, but she wanted me to run the cases however I wanted. So intimidating! But I learned a lot and was told that I did a great job, so maybe there's hope for me yet! I've been at RMC for 10 weeks now and have come to really love the staff there- not just the CRNAs (they're wonderful, of course), but the nurses in pre-op and PACU and the circulators and scrubs are fun to work with also. I'm only there for one more week and it's going to stink leaving a place I finally got comfortable working in. It should be a good week though- two of the CRNAs have offered me a day in the heart room so I may get to see bypass before I leave!

We've had a addition to the Pack this week- my mom's lab/chow mix, Ricki, has joined us while Mom, Jenn, and several other church members are on a mission trip in Mexico. Ricki and Smallz are buds- bonded by love of sleep and food.... and my favorite chair apparently.



So Smallz sits here instead:



Tomorrow's weather promises to be amazing so we're heading out to the farm in the morning to hopefully get in a much needed trail ride. I said on facebook a few weeks ago that my horses heal me- it's amazing how much stress I leave behind while I'm out there grooming and riding. There's a reason why horses are used for therapy...




And, much to my dismay, this weekend belongs to basketball. Not my favorite sport. Yes, I went to and enjoyed Alabama games while I was a student and I'll still watch them now... but I can't enjoy it like football. I can watch any teams play football. Other than Bama, I can't say I care a lick about any other bball teams. And I somehow managed to conceal this from my husband who claims he had no idea until we got married. It's ok- he goes a lot of places and humors me on a lot of things that he's not interested in, so I can cave a little in the basketball department... I guess... especially if good friends, wings, and JD are involved... which tomorrow night, they are :)

Sunday= anesthesia care plan #3 composure day... blech. No news there.

But for now, let the festivities begin! DBH is on his way home with meat to be cooked so it looks like tonight will be our first grill-out of the year! Pork tenderloin it is! Happy Weekend, people!

(This is so cool...)

No comments:

Post a Comment